Last month we introduced a series of postcards to give to our clients, friends, neighbours, business owners and anyone else that would take them. The postcards are to help businesses help themselves in terms of their own branding, website and SEO. There is a lot that can be done by yourself when it comes to branding and so we wanted to give some helpful tips from the experts so you can keep your brand working hard for you.
Your brand is one of your best marketing tools. It communicates who you are and what your business does. Follow our branding tips below for better branding:
- Remember, branding is more than just a logo.
- Brand development will focus your businesses objectives and makes it easier to communicate to your customers.
- Don‘t go it alone. Choose a designer or company with branding experience.
- Make a Brief. It sets out what you expect from the designer and brand plus it ensures you stick to your original objectives.
- Think about how and where your brand will be displayed. The logo must work consistently on all platforms.
- Launch your brand. Have a carefully planned PR and social media campaign and / or website launch for your brand.
- Allow partners or suppliers to use your logo, but retain control over how it looks.
- Live up to the brand. If your brand suggests reliability and professionalism, make sure that is what you deliver.
- Evolve. Your brand is not a static entity; it needs to be flexible enough to develop as your business grows.
- If you have a brand, assess its value by asking yourself: What message does it communicate? Does it reflect your company values? What do your customers think of it? If you don‘t know, don‘t be afraid to ask them!
If you want more branding tips, help with re-branding or brand direction on the Isle of Wight or beyond then please get in touch, we would be happy to help you further.