CALLING ALL CREATIVES – want to work with an award-winning island agency producing leading design work for local and national clients
A bit about us
We are a multi-award-winning web and graphic design agency based on the Isle of Wight in a beautiful semi-rural purpose built office on the award-winning sustainable development that is Branstone Farm.
As a small, friendly team, we punch well above our weight with a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from hospitality to food producers, technology to manufacturing, historic buildings to adventure parks, marine to clothing and retail.
People and kindness are at the heart of everything we do so we’re looking for another super lovely person to join our fab team! #CouldBeYou
More about the role
Sunny, bright, positive, adaptable, talented graphic designer seeking new challenges and freedom to expand their creativity…. Sound like you?!
We are looking for someone who wants to build a successful and rewarding career, as well as someone who enjoys fun and getting involved in more than just the standard day-to-day run of cranking out design layouts.
Brightbulb is growing and we are particular about how we work with our clients (we love them and always try to do more than ‘just enough’). Every member of the Brightbulb team is an ambassador for our brand and we value that highly.
As our new Graphic Designer, you will be talking to clients, collaborating across multiple team disciplines, maintaining our capacity-building and internal resources, having a voice in the business and how we develop as well as delivering awesome creative work.
So not your every day churn of another A4 leaflet for another client that just ‘next on the list’!
We care, and we’re looking for someone that meets our expectations of care, kindness and talent… is that you?
What we need from you
- Ability to think, and be, creative across a wide variety of client briefs including branding, social media, printed collateral, exhibition design, signage, promotional items, digital platforms such as web design, app design, omni-channel integration.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and XD, Photoshop a must.
- Willingness to learn new programmes such as Blender and other 3D software programmes.
- Good working knowledge of creative website design, animation programmes and other creative programmes of great interest.
- Interest to work on above and below-the-line design projects.
- Excellent communication skills that you’re happy to use as in this front-facing client role.
- A broad but exciting portfolio of creative work across varied client sectors.
- A passion for colour, line, typography and form that translates into your creative design work.
- The ability to maximise creative content to drive high levels of engagement and impact on behalf of our clients.
- Comfortable working across, and self-managing, multiple client projects.
- The ability to collaborate and work as a team.
- High energy, proactive, curious and positive attitude.
Other good stuff
- An interest in the creative sector that leads you to explore new trends, platforms and ways of working.
- Managing and maintaining client accounts, our online systems and processes and team structure.
- An awareness and desire to contribute to our community engagement and charity projects across the island.
- Thinking outside of the box – we like to be challenged!
The good stuff
- Salary negotiable
- Pension contributions
- Regular salary reviews and bonus potential
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays in England
- Employee wellbeing package
- Team events and outings (check out our Pancake Day races and summer BBQ!)
The practical stuff
- Full-time, permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Office-based / hybrid working options
Know what you’re worth
We want the very best people to work with us at Brightbulb.
Tell us how you can add real value to the team and let us know what you are looking to achieve. We actively develop our people, encourage them to be their professional best and give space to innovate. Yes, we have to look at the numbers but finding the absolute ‘right person’ is our primary search criteria!
Help Brightbulb grow and in turn you will grow with us.
Lastly, at the end of the day we are a team of really nice people with kindness at the heart of everything we do, so we would love to take on someone who would fit in with our team culture and values.
This is me
To apply, WOW us with your creativity, apply for this role by telling us why #ThisIsMe!
Drop us an email with your latest CV including portfolio links, and a jolly nice covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th May 2023.