Domestic Violence UK CIC is a not-for-profit organisation set up to provide information, support and raise awareness on the issues of domestic and emotional abuse.
They offer the following services:
- The Wellbeing Centre (syndicating from NHS Choices) which is an online resource containing articles, interactive tools, videos, podcasts etc
- An online magazine which is published every quarter
- An online and mobile directory which allows individuals find their nearest specialist support organisation
- Provide free telephone counselling sessions to individuals who have experienced domestic or emotional abuse each month using an accredited counselling agency (Open Counselling Limited)
- A text directory service which allows individuals to receive their nearest specialist support organisation via text
- Facilitates an online forum to encourage individuals and signpost them to various specialist organisations for support.
- The Vouchers For Refuge Initiative which is aimed at supporting a local refuge every quarter with vouchers,gift-cards, toiletries and other useful items.
- They have an online store and create awareness on the issues of domestic and emotional abuse through our Love Doesn’t Hurt Campaign.
They are organisational members of The National Counselling Society as well as the National Council of Voluntary Organisations.
The Logo for Domestic Violence UK shows support from one person to the next. It helps set the idea that it is good to share your problems with others and makes the organisation friendly to those in need. We have worked with DVUK for many years on several of their projects from branding to literature. We are proud to have been of help to such a worthwhile cause.