A bit about us
We are a multi-award-winning web and graphic design agency based on the Isle of Wight in a beautiful semi-rural purpose built office on the award-winning sustainable development that is Branstone Farm.
As a small, friendly team, we punch well above our weight with a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from hospitality to food producers, technology to manufacturing, historic buildings to adventure parks, marine to clothing and retail.
People and kindness are at the heart of everything we do so we’re looking for another super lovely person to join our fab team! #CouldBeYou
More about the role
Where do we start!
We have a huge range of web clients (seriously high demand) so we’re in need of extra, expert webby-web hands! Technical experience, yes… but we want that extra special ‘something’ that goes beyond just knowing a lot about WordPress and means that you, as our next web aficionado, wants to create a bit of online magic; every client, every project, every time.
Always looking to push web developer boundaries, you’re excited by code, love a bit of integration, get customer journey, can envisage complex structures… and tackle it all with a smile.
Working under pressure is a bit of a given but the rewards are high – our client web projects win awards and we want someone to join the team that loves to say, ‘YES! We can build that but we can also make it better, more engaging, more secure, more Vaa Vaa Voom!’.
Brightbulb is growing and we are particular about how we work with our clients (we love them and always try to do more than ‘just enough’). Every member of the Brightbulb team is an ambassador for our brand and we value that highly.
As our new Web Developer, you will be talking to clients, collaborating across multiple team disciplines, maintaining and adding to our internal resources, having a voice in the business and how we develop as well as delivering awesome work.
So, if you want more Vaa Vaa (Developer) Voom in your web-tech life, get in touch. #CouldBeYou
We care, and we’re looking for someone that meets our expectations of care, kindness and talent… is that you?
What we need from you
- Ability to think logically across a wide variety of client briefs including site development, site mapping, site updates, full integration, eCommerce and customer journey.
- Strong working knowledge and experience we need:
- Strong understanding of PHP
- Good experience with React
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Understanding of working with WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with debugging and tackling code challenges
- Experience with website deployment / DNS configuring
- Willingness to learn new developer programmes such as:
- Apache / Nginx etc
- Linux and the command line
- Native iOS and Android app development
- Shopify themes and apps
- PHP framework, such as Laravel
- Excellent communication skills that you’re happy to use as in this front-facing client role.
- A broad portfolio of web-based work across varied client sectors, preferably Git repos to view.
- The ability to maximise creative online content to drive high levels of engagement and impact on behalf of our clients.
- Comfortable working across, and self-managing, multiple client projects.
- The ability to collaborate and work as a team.
- High energy, proactive, curious and positive attitude.
Other good stuff
- An interest in the developer world that leads you to explore new trends, platforms and ways of working.
- An awareness and desire to contribute to our community engagement and charity projects across the island.
- Thinking outside of the box – we like to be challenged!
The good stuff
- Salary negotiable based on experience and expertise
- Pension contributions
- Regular salary reviews and bonus potential
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays in England
- Employee wellbeing package
- Team events and outings (check out our Pancake Day races and summer BBQ!)
The practical stuff
- Full-time (part-time considered) permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Office / Hybrid working options
Know what you’re worth
We want the very best people to work with us at Brightbulb.
Tell us how you can add real value to the team and let us know what you are looking to achieve. We actively develop our people, encourage them to be their professional best and give space to innovate. Yes, we have to look at the numbers but finding the absolute ‘right person’ is our primary search criteria!
Help Brightbulb grow and in turn you will grow with us.
Lastly, at the end of the day we are a team of really nice people with kindness at the heart of everything we do, so we would love to take on someone who would fit in with our team culture and values.
This is me
To apply, VAA VAA VOOM us with your application for this role by telling us why #ThisIsMe!
Drop us an email with your latest CV including portfolio links, and a jolly nice covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2023.